Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: Deaths rise to 42 as Turkey mourns
Turkey is observing a national day of mourning after a gun and suicide bomb attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport killed 42 people, including 13 foreign nationals.
Three attackers arrived in a taxi and began firing at the terminal entrance late on Tuesday. They blew themselves up after police fired back.
Officials earlier said 239 people were injured, with 41 still intensive care.
PM Binali Yildirim said early signs pointed to so-called Islamic State.
However, no-one has so far admitted carrying out the attack.
Turkish investigators are examining CCTV footage, witness statements and mobile phone video recorded by terrified passengers to try to determine the identity of the attackers.
The Dogan news agency said autopsies on the three dead men suggested they may be foreign nationals but this has not been confirmed.
Mr Yildirim said one of the attackers blew himself up outside the terminal after the group opened fire at a security check, allowing the other two to enter the building and detonate explosives there.
Footage on social media shows one moving through the building as people around him flee. He is shot by police and remains on the ground for about 20 seconds before blowing himself up.